Hopefully you have noticed by now that dietitians at NENA love to share their favorites with clients. Whether it be kitchen gadgets, pantry staples, or fun apps for their phones, we want our clients to know all about them! Over the past year we have also gotten the privilege to meet a local business whom we have to introduce you to!
The alliance was established in 2014 by four local farmers and brings locally sourced food to homes, restaurants and regional institutions. In 2020, amidst the COVID 19 pandemic, they launched their home delivery program – Veggie-Go. This farm to doorstep program delivers fresh and regionally sourced foods to homes in New Hampshire, Massachusetts and Maine. This program has been so popular (understandably) it now serves over 1,000 households and delivers to over 63 locations.
When you purchase through Veggie-GO, you are directly supporting your local agricultural community helping to build a food system allowing local farmers the ability to do what they do best: Produce quality, fresh, nutrient rich food.
What NENA dietitians love about this program:
- uh hello … VEGGIES delivered to your doorstep!
- It is a commitment free membership – and order frequency is up to you!
- Veggie-Go allows you to build your cart to include what you want and need
- You can also choose a “farmers choice” box. Each week, you will receive a box of vegetables chosen based on what their farmers have available.
- Every purchase helps strengthen the local food movement 🙂
Click here to see if Veggie-Go delivers to your zip code or if there is a pick up location near you.